Sunday, September 5, 2010

Free E-books and Audio books. I just saved $420.

If you are like me and love reading books for enjoyment, entertainment, and knowledge, Kindle and librivox.org is where you need to go. First I downloaded the free Amazon kindle app on my PC and went ballistic in downloading the books that I have wanted to buy. Many of these books I had on my wish list collecting cyber-dust. However, today my chubby fingers were clicking away downloading these wonderful treasures for free. Now granted most all of these books are philosophy books before 1929. But still that's $390 I didn't have to spend and 26 FREE books that I downloaded in a matter of minutes. Another jewel I found is www.librivox.org. I downloaded a few free audio books: Karl Marx's, Das Kapital, Kierkegaard's Either/Or and Works of Love. [Just a word of caution on Das Kapital, the file size is 1 gig and when Marx started talking about the proletariat and bourgeoisie both working as laborers I said, "Hey, this is not for me. This fat boy isn't working in a rice field, where's a Milton Friedman Audio book?"] Now I imagine that these books are not on your top ten lists, but you can find many classics for free on both sites. These sites have a wealth of knowledge and I encourage everyone to turn your television off for a week and digitally curl up to a good E-book or audio book and learn to dream again—be inspired!

No comments: